Thursday, January 17, 2008

What'd I do? Turn into a Space Alien?

The general attitude that I have encountered since I got engaged has been

"Oh. You're engaged. You MUST be on a different planet."

Can I ask - is it illegal for a young woman who just got engaged to actually stay on planet earth? Because it seems like people are urging me to go for psychiactric testing, or maybe to the machanic, looks the engine on this spaceship that's supposed to take me to some far out lala land is malfunctioning.

Happy? You better believe I'm happy. Excited? Nervous? Terrified? Thrilled? Yeah yeah - all the "kallah" emotions (as if the Kallah owns them - no one else has a right y'know) - I am feeling, I just happen to be feeling on planet Earth, I'm trying to figure out why everyone thinks that this is just so off...

On another note- I keep thinking about you bloggy friends and about how nice it would be if we weren't anonymous and you guys would be able to dance at my wedding... (and no I would NEVER allow anyone to try to introduce you to ANY shadchan of any form at my wedding, I mean can't a girl have some fun for once? gee...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh let us have fun making fun of you... it's our right. And you're not supposed ot notice. ;-)

Bas~Melech said...

If you are, in fact, on planet Earth: Hello! Great to have you here! I am comforted by the fact that orbit is not inevitable.

As for your wedding, if you pass along the details (most of us have emails on our profiles) I might drop in. But it sounds awkward... you're dancing with your best friend, and suddenly find yourself wondering "Who are those wierdos crashing my wedding in ponytails? Does B4S know about this?"

Miss Teacher said...

Oh you guys can make fun of me all you want... :)
It's the people who know me personally and see me everyday and work with me etc...
I wish you bloggy friends can come to my wedding cuz it seems that all the married folk are just above showing up - heaven forbid a poor kollel avrech should eat ummm, leftovers (?!?) for dinner...

Miss Teacher said...

And by the way - I WOULD invite you guys but there's a technical issue of the fact that the wedding is out of town... Yes, I know sometimes I myself that I am not a native of planet Brooklyn.