Saturday, January 5, 2008

No, I Wasn't Sitting On Anyone's Black Hat!!

Contrary to popular belief, there were actually techinical difficulties, namely the wireless card on my trusty laptop decided to take a little snooze for the time being. Yes, it's still snoozing but this is one of those rare occasions when I actually have access to the internet, like hellllooo it's 2008.

Anyway I finally started getting used to the fact that I actually got engaged that the story of agreeing or diagreeing to go out with, ok let's call him Charlie, seems kind of old but a promise is a promise so I'll continue.

I basically agreed to go out with two thoughts in mind - either it will work or it won't. The first time we went out he followed all the rules and I followed all the rules (and by the way we met half of Brooklyn - 8 other nervous dating couples in the hotel lobby my dear intended chose - I almost asked him to take me home right then and there). I came home and said "he was normal enough to go out with again, after that I can't promise." Well, during date number 2 I learned that I know my way around this town way better than he does, but I did credit him with choosing a better location - another hotel lobby, sigh.

The topic of conversation accidentally turned serious in the middle of the second date, so serious in fact that when I got home I decided that he probably doesn't ever want to see me again. Wrong I was. So we went out again. And again. During all those agains I decided that this was someone that would make a wonderful husband and even though it scared me to death I informed him that I was ready to get engaged. We were in the car driving through the Midtown Tunnel and he almost drove into those dividing poles. It was actually kind of funny.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boruch HaShem.
Ashraich She'zo'chees Lo'zeh.
And may HaShem please bless all others with their proper Zeevoogeem.

Anonymous said...

She's back!

So that's how people know when they want to marry someone. Interesting.

Scraps said...

I'm glad it went so well. Mazal tov! :)

halfshared said...

Coool. Like how you did it. I once got dumped after a first date cuz I got into a serious discussion and he totally misunderstood me. Good thing yours was smart enough to look past and be more understanding and open to your ideas and opinions.

Bas~Melech said...

And the moral of the story is, keep the deep conversations off the road :-P

Ah well, you both seem to have escaped alive... gotta love a happy ending :-)